Night King Game of Thrones
Night King Game of Thrones Description
Night King Game of Thrones: The Night King was the master and the first of the White Walkers, having existed since the age of the First Men. He was also the supreme leader of the Army of the Dead.
Night King Game of Thrones Personality
Little is known about his characteristics and traits before becoming the Night King Game of Thrones, although he reacted with fear when Leaf plunged a shard of dragonglass into his chest. After becoming the Night King, he became nothing more than an emotionless killer with his only goal appearing to be to kill all in his path and add to his army, staying true to his nature as the first White Walker and being the ultimate embodiment of death.
Despite this, he did display some emotion at times. He appeared quite pleased when he picked up Craster’s last son and transformed him into a new White Walker. He looked at Jon Snow with mild interest when one of his lieutenants fell at Jon’s hand. He was incredibly sadistic and bloodthirsty, directing Jon Snow’s attention to the freshly slaughtered wildlings before raising them to add to his army, holding his gaze in order to intimidate Jon Snow.
When overwhelming Leaf and the other Children of the Forest at the cave of the Three-Eyed Raven, the Night King smirked, possibly amused at the prospect of slaughtering his former captors and creators. Later, at the Battle of Winterfell, the Night King again smirked at Daenerys and Jon’s attempts to destroy him with dragonfire and Valyrian steel.
Despite his powers, he is not overconfident in his abilities and is capable of self-preservation, knowing his death ends his campaign. He does not take part in the massacre at Hardhome. When Jon Snow attempted to confront the Night King, the latter, having seen Jon’s means and skills to kill White Walkers first hand, refuses to fight him and raises wights to deal with Jon.
The Night King Game of Thrones appears to have some sense of honor when it comes to single combat. He accepted Theon’s challenge to fight him and killed Theon himself, despite being able to allow his White Walkers and wights to kill Theon if he so chose, though it may be because he knew he could easily defeat Theon.
One aspect of the Night King’s personality is his strong hatred for Three-Eyed Ravens, their powers being a representation of what he wants to destroy, having tried to kill them multiple times. His hate is so strong that he personally led the attack on the cave and refused to allow his White Walkers and wights to kill the previous Three-Eyed Raven, committing the deed himself. The living used this hatred against the Night King to bait him, for Bran warging into ravens to the Night King led to the latter personally attacking Winterfell.
Night King Game of Thrones Powers and abilities
The Night King Game of Thrones possessed a number of supernatural powers or abilities – it is not, at present, clear how many of these were unique to him, or if other White Walkers possessed some of these.
- Along with his race, the Night King was a being of pure ice and cold, and thus could freeze anywhere he went and anything he touched.
- White Walker conversion
- The Night King could turn male human babies into White Walkers by pressing the tip of his finger to the baby’s cheek. The child’s skin would begin to pale and its eyes would turn the same blue as the other White Walkers.
- The Night King could raise and reanimate unburnt corpses as wights. He did not require physical contact to do so, and could raise thousands of wights at a single time just by lifting his arms.
- Enhanced strength
- Although he had not been observed engaging in single combat, the Night King possessed the same inhuman strength that other White Walkers exhibited, as he was strong enough to throw an ice spear a distance of at least a mile, with enough force to kill Viserion. He could also effortlessly break a wooden dragonglass spear before driving the broken half through Theon’s armored body, killing him.
- Enhanced Durability
- After he was knocked off his mount, Viserion, by Drogon, the Night King fell hundreds of feet below towards the ground but did not suffer any injuries as a result.
- Weapon shattering
- The Night King’s touch could presumably shatter regular metal weapons, as with most White Walkers.
- The Night King could mark someone so that he would know exactly where that person was, and no magical boundary could stop him from pursuing a person so marked. He proved this when he marked Bran immediately prior to the battle at the Cave of the Three-Eyed Raven.
- Minor seismic control
- The Night King could cause fissures in the ground.
- Detecting wargs
- The Night King seemed to be able to sense when animals are controlled by a warg, just like he was able to spot Bran in his vision. When Bran was scouting beyond the wall using a flock of ravens, the Night King stared at the ravens and Bran was pulled out of his warging immediately. It was not immediately clear whether this was because the Night King could sense Bran due to his mark, or if he could do this to any warg.
- Fire Immunity
- Just as with the White Walkers under his control, the Night King was immune to fire due to the extreme cold he radiated. During the Wight Hunt, he was seen walking through a wall of dragon fire unharmed, his mere presence causing it to flicker and go out. He was also completely unharmed by direct dragon fire, as he showed no signs of damage or weakness after being completely engulfed in Drogon’s flames during the Battle of Winterfell.
- Dragon riding
- Despite having no connection to the Valyrian bloodline and little to no practice, the Night King appeared to be fully capable of riding a dragon with little risk of falling off, though this could have been attributed to him having mental control over his steed, the undead dragon Viserion, who he personally killed and then resurrected as a wight.
- Prolonged Life
- The Night King was created by the Children of the Forest during the Wars of the First Men and the Children of the Forest and remained alive for about 10,000 years. It can be assumed the magic that transformed him also gave him his longevity.
- Weather manipulation
- The Night King could create massive blizzards, as shown in the Battle of Winterfell. He used this blizzard to instantly extinguish Drogon and Rhaegal’s dragonfire.
Night King Game of Thrones Image
About Night King Game of Thrones
|Dimensions||540 by 960 pixel|
|Created||August 9, 2020|