A Quiet Place Part 2
A Quiet Place Part 2 Description
A Quiet Place Part 2 is a 2020 American horror film and the sequel to A Quiet Place (2018). The sequel film was written and directed by John Krasinski and stars Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, and Noah Jupe, reprising their roles from the first film. Cillian Murphy and Djimon Hounsou also joined the cast. Krasinski also reprises his role from the first film in newly-filmed flashback sequences.
Paramount Pictures, the studio behind the first film, began development of a sequel in April 2018 following the box-office success of the first film. By the following August, Krasinski was writing the film, and he was hired in February 2019 to direct. Production took place in Western New York from June to September 2019.
The film had its world premiere in New York City on March 8, 2020. Paramount plans to release the film in theaters on September 4, 2020. The studio initially planned to release the film in late March 2020 but postponed it due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
A Quiet Place Part 2 Cast
- Emily Blunt as Evelyn Abbott
- Cillian Murphy as Emmett. Murphy described his character Emmett, “For me, Emmett represents where the heart of the world lies right now, which is: finally feeling like they’ve all given up. Here comes this girl [Regan] who allows you to believe in more, and allows you to believe in yourself. That idea, I’ve always been really enthralled by.”
- Millicent Simmonds as Regan Abbott, Lee and Evelyn’s deaf daughter and Marcus’s sister. Simmonds described her character’s evolution after the first film, “She has a lot of pressure to become an adult very quickly.” She has more of a leading role in the sequel, and according to Syfy Wire, “Deafness and ASL are inherently linked to the heroism of its heroine.” Simmonds worked with an ASL coach to make sure her signing and articulation were clean. She said she felt “a sense of pressure” being in a position to represent the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Noah Jupe as Marcus Abbott, Lee and Evelyn’s son and Regan’s brother
- Djimon Hounsou
- John Krasinski as Lee Abbott, Evelyn’s deceased husband and Regan and Marcus’s father. He appears in a few newly-filmed flashback sequences. Krasinski said he wrote himself into the sequel because the first film “was such a personal experience” and his “love letter” to his children. He said, “It was really important for me to continue the metaphor and we actually start dealing with how this all started.
A Quiet Place Part 2 Release
A Quiet Place Part 2 had its world premiere at the Lincoln Center in New York City on March 8, 2020. Paramount Pictures plans to release the film in theaters on September 4, 2020 after it postponed a March 2020 release due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The September release date, announced on April 2, is the start of the US holiday weekend Labor Day Weekend. Deadline Hollywood wrote the weekend is “summer [box office’s] finale” and “typically the deadest period ever for moviegoing” but that the studio anticipated pent-up demand after pandemic fears subside.
The studio initially planned to release the film in theaters globally starting on March 18, 2020 before it delayed the film’s release due to the pandemic. Deadline Hollywood wrote that according to sources, Paramount spent around 60% of its budget for global prints and advertising. The film’s delay was “truly a shocker” because the P&A expense seemed to indicate that rescheduling was not an option. Director John Krasinski said he wanted moviegoers to see the film together and that with the pandemic, it was not the right time to provide that experience.
A Quiet Place Part 2 is among the majority of theatrical releases not changing to a streaming release. CNBC wrote that in particular, the film and In the Heights are considered films best experienced with a crowd.
The film was initially to be released in the United Kingdom and Australia on March 19, 2020, and in the United States and Canada, including Dolby Cinema and IMAX, on March 20, 2020. Paramount initially stated on March 6 that it would not reschedule the film in response to the pandemic, but on March 12, the studio pulled the film from release worldwide with the intent of scheduling it later in the year. Almost a year earlier, the film had initially been scheduled to be released on May 15, 2020.
Producer Brad Fuller said for the film’s US release, Paramount sought to maintain a PG-13 rating (parental guidance suggested) like its predecessor and to avoid an R rating (restricted audiences) to appeal to a broad audience, including those who are offput by blood in R-rated horror films.
A Quiet Place Part 2 Image
About A Quiet Place Part 2
|Genre(s)||Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi , Thriller|
|Directed by||John Krasinski|
|Produced by||Michael Bay, Andrew Form, Brad Fuller, John Krasinski|
|Screenplay by||John Krasinski|
|Release Date||September 4, 2020|
|Production Company||Paramount Pictures|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Language||American Sign Language, English|
|Based On||Characters created by Bryan Woods, Scott Beck|
|Aspect Ratio||2.39 : 1|
|Starring||Emily Blunt, Cillian Murphy, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe, Djimon Hounsou, John Krasinski|