Destruction AllStars (PS5)
Destruction AllStars (PS5) Description
According to Lucid Games, Destruction AllStars is a “global sports entertainment event where stars & cars collide”. The player assumes control of one of 16 Destruction AllStars, each of them has access to unique hero vehicles. For instance, Hana’s car is equipped with a blade that can slice opponents in halves. The game is a vehicular combat game in which players need to seek ways to destroy the vehicles of the opponents.
For Destruction AllStars whose vehicle has already been destroyed, they would have to navigate the arena on foot and dodge incoming attacks in order to survive. While the player character is vulnerable in this situation, each AllStar has unique skills that can turn the battle to their favor. For instance, some can turn invisible, while some can take over an opponent’s car.
Development and release
Lucid Games is the game’s developer. Many of the game’s project leads, including lead designer Karl Jones and Game Director Colin Berry, were involved in the creation of several titles from the Wipeout series.
Destruction AllStars was announced on June 11, 2020 at the PlayStation 5 reveal event. The game, along with other games releasing on the PlayStation 5, was the subject of controversy in September 2020, as Sony revealed that the game would retail at $69.99 at launch, a departure from the $59.99 industry standard price for AAA games during the eighth generation of consoles.
Destruction AllStars would be supported with new content and modes following release with free downloadable content. The game was set to be released in November 2020 as a launch title for the PS5. In October 2020, Sony announced that the game would be delayed to February 2021, and that it would be released for free for PlayStation Plus subscribers during the game’s first two months of release.
Become an AllStar
- Heroes… icons… global sensations – Sixteen fearless, charismatic Destruction AllStars make up the roster of international competitors vying for the Global Destruction Federation Championship.
- These guys are pay-per-view and pay-per-wreck quality. Main eventers and headliners. Known across the world.
- Utilize each AllStar’s abilities to tailor your tactics and play style – exploit their agility, speed or strength to wreck and evade rivals with powerful skills and parkour, switch between vehicles or leap onto speeding cars in heart-stopping takeover attempts.
- The finest engineers have carefully crafted 28 vehicles for the Global Destruction Federation.
- A number of basic vehicles will be scattered throughout each arena at the start of every match.
- But each AllStar also has a personal signature set of wheels that can turn the tide of any battle.
- Cause enough mayhem to power up your hero vehicle – each one is fueled with special abilities to get fans off their seats.
Master the mayhem
- The Destruction AllStar roster is packed with fearless daredevils who fought to get to the pinnacle of their sport through masterful skills, precise timing and cunning tactics.
- Each competition features specific objectives and targets you need to hit as you direct and tailor the force, impact, speed and power of your destruction.
Create your legacy
- Compete in a storied single-player series, specifically tailored to a number of playable Destruction AllStars. Master over 50 events1 to prove yourself a Destruction legend. Unlock new skins, emotes and banners as you take on AI rivals in momentous challenges spread across the five global arenas.
Wreck your friends
- Accelerate the drama and enter 16-player online matches with your friends. Jump into a Casual quick play session and experience new limited-time rule twists in Special Events.
- Stunning visuals: Has total destruction ever looked this good? Experience the global phenomenon of vehicle-based combat in a crisp dynamic 4K resolution.
- Fast loading: Mayhem waits for no one! Choose your AllStar and accelerate into the action with the near-instant lightning fast load times of the PS5 console’s ultra-high speed SSD.
- Adaptive triggers: Experience your ride! Get unique feedback for each vehicle thanks to the DualSense™ Wireless Controller’s adaptive triggers.
- Haptic feedback: Wham! Experience the impact of rams and slams as the DualSense™ Wireless Controller’s dual actuators simulate the feel of your in-game actions through immersive sensory feedback.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: How the crunch of slamming into an opponent is meant to sound! Hear stunning 360-degree stadium atmospherics with Tempest 3D AudioTech.
3Dynamic 4K and HDR require a compatible 4K & HDR compatible TV or display.
Destruction AllStars (PS5) Image
About Destruction AllStars (PS5)
|Release Date||February 2021|
|Puplisher||Sony Interactive Entertainment|