Top Gun Maverick Trailer
Top Gun Maverick Trailer Description
Top Gun Maverick Trailer is an upcoming American action drama film directed by Joseph Kosinski from a screenplay by Ehren Kruger, Eric Warren Singer, and Christopher McQuarrie and a story by Peter Craig and Justin Marks. It is the sequel to 1986’s Top Gun. The film stars Tom Cruise, Miles Teller, Jennifer Connelly, Jon Hamm, Glen Powell, Lewis Pullman, Ed Harris, and Val Kilmer. Cruise and Kilmer reprise their roles from the first film.
Top Gun Maverick Trailer Premise
After more than thirty years of service as one of the Navy’s top aviators, Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (Tom Cruise) is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courageous test pilot and dodging the advancement in rank that would ground him. When he finds himself training a detachment of Top Gun graduates for a specialized mission the likes of which no living pilot has ever seen, Maverick encounters Lt.
Bradley Bradshaw (Miles Teller), call sign: “Rooster,” the son of Maverick’s late best friend and Radar Intercept Officer LTJG Nick Bradshaw, known as “Goose.” Facing an uncertain future and confronting the ghosts of his past, Maverick is drawn into a confrontation with his own deepest fears, culminating in a mission that demands the ultimate sacrifice from those who will be chosen to fly it.
Top Gun Maverick Trailer Cast
- Tom Cruise as Captain Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, a test pilot and flight instructor
- Miles Teller as Lieutenant Bradley “Rooster” Bradshaw, a pilot trainee, and the son of Maverick’s late RIO, Nick “Goose” Bradshaw.
- Jennifer Connelly as Penny Benjamin, Maverick’s love interest, who is a single mother and owner of a bar.
- Jon Hamm as Vice Admiral Sam “Merlin” Wells, who replaces Tim Robbins from the first film
- Glen Powell as “Hangman”, a pilot trainee
- Lewis Pullman as Bob, a pilot trainee
- Ed Harris as Rick “Jester” Heatherly, a rear admiral, who is Maverick’s superior. The role was originally played by Michael Ironside in the first film.
- Val Kilmer as Admiral Tom “Iceman” Kazansky, a fellow instructor and friend/former rival of Maverick. Now a four-star admiral and currently serves as Chief of Naval Operations.
- Monica Barbaro as “Phoenix”, pilot trainee
- Charles Parnell as Rear Admiral Marcus “Sundown” Williams, who is Maverick’s old colleague in the old time and once served as Maverick’s RIO after Goose’s death. The role was originally played by Clarence Gilyard in the first film.
- Jay Ellis as “Payback”, a pilot trainee
- Danny Ramirez as “Fanboy”, Payback’s radar intercept officer
- Manny Jacinto as Fritz
- Bashir Salahuddin as Coleman
- Jake Picking as Ron “Slider” Kerner. The role was originally played by Rick Rossovich in the first film.
- Raymond Lee as Commander Mike “Viper” Metcalf. The role was originally played by Tom Skerritt in the first film.
- Lyliana Wray as Charlotte “Charlie” Blackwood
- Jean Louisa Kelly as Carole Bradshaw, Goose’s widowed wife and Rooster’s mother. Kelly replaces Meg Ryan who played Carole in the first film.
- Greg Davis as Coyote
Top Gun Maverick Trailer Production
Development of the film began in 2010 when Paramount Pictures made offers to Jerry Bruckheimer and Tony Scott to make a sequel to Top Gun. Christopher McQuarrie had also received an offer to write the sequel’s screenplay, which was rumored to have Cruise’s character Maverick in a smaller role. Peter Craig, Justin Marks, who described the film as a dream project, Ashley Edward Miller and Zack Stentz would be credited as screenwriters on the project.
When asked about his idea for a new Top Gun film, Scott replied, “This world fascinated me, because it’s so different from what it was originally. But I don’t want to do a remake. I don’t want to do a reinvention. I want to do a new movie.” The film will reportedly focus on the end of the dog fighting era and the role of drones in modern aerial warfare and that Cruise’s character, Maverick, will fly an F/A-18 Super Hornet. After Scott’s suicide, the sequel’s future remained in question, but producer Jerry Bruckheimer remained committed to the project, especially given Cruise’s and Kilmer’s interest.
In June 2017, Cruise revealed that the title would be Top Gun: Maverick, with Harold Faltermeyer returning as composer for the sequel. Cruise further stated that, “Aviators are back, the need for speed. We’re going to have big, fast machines. It’s going to be a competition film, like the first one … but a progression for Maverick.” Later the same month, it was confirmed that the film would be directed by Joseph Kosinski, while no title was officially confirmed. Maybe Top Gun Maverick Trailer.
Musician Kenny Loggins has confirmed that his iconic song “Danger Zone” will be featured in the film. In October 2018, it was reported that Hans Zimmer would also compose for the film alongside Harold Faltermeyer.
On June 19, 2019, at CineEurope in Barcelona, attendees were able to watch for the first time some early footage of the film from a special Paramount presentation. During the presentation the President of International Theatrical Distribution Mark Viane and Co-President of Worldwide Marketing and Distribution Mary Daily appeared in flight clothes.
Top Gun Maverick Trailer Casting
Val Kilmer had campaigned on his social media page that he would like to reprise his role in the film, and by June 2018, The Wrap reported that he will appear in the film. In July 2018, Miles Teller was cast in the role of Goose’s son, against Nicholas Hoult and Glen Powell. All three were flown to the home of Tom Cruise, the star of the film, for chemistry tests. Later that month, Jennifer Connelly joined the film’s cast to play a single mother running a bar near the Naval base.
In August 2018, Powell joined the cast of the film in a pilot trainee role that was enlarged for him, having impressed star Tom Cruise, producer Jerry Bruckheimer, as well as executives at Paramount Pictures and Skydance, with his auditions. That same month, Monica Barbaro, Thomasin McKenzie, Charles Parnell, Jay Ellis, Bashir Salahuddin, Danny Ramirez, Ed Harris, Jon Hamm and Lewis Pullman joined the cast of the film with Barbaro, Ellis, and Ramirez portraying pilot trainees and McKenzie portraying Connelly’s daughter.
In September 2018, Manny Jacinto joined the cast of the film. In October 2018, Kara Wang, Jack Schumacher, Greg Tarzan Davis, Jake Picking, Raymond Lee, Jean Louisa Kelly and Lyliana Wray joined the cast of the film. Additionally, McKenzie was forced to drop out of the film after signing onto Lost Girls. In November 2018, Chelsea Harris joined the cast of the film in an undisclosed role.
Top Gun Maverick Trailer Filming
Preliminary production on the film officially started on May 30, 2018, in San Diego, California. During late August a 15-person film crew from Paramount and Bruckheimer Films were aboard the Norfolk-based aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln to shoot flight deck operations. In mid-February 2019, Cruise and the production crew were sighted on board USS Theodore Roosevelt at NAS North Island. In March, filming was completed at NAS Whidbey Island in Oak Harbor, Washington.
On June 19, 2019, Miles Teller revealed in an interview that he had finished filming two days earlier. Principal photography was scheduled until April 15, 2019, in San Diego, California; Lemoore, California; China Lake, California; Lake Tahoe, California; Seattle, Washington; and Patuxent River, Maryland.
The movie was filmed in IMAX using IMAX-Certified Sony Venice 6K Full Frame cameras.
Top Gun Maverick Trailer Image
About Top Gun Maverick Trailer
|Directed by||Joseph Kosinski|
|Screenplay by||Ehren Kruger, Peter Craig Justin Marks Ashley Edward Miller Zeck Stentz|
|Release Date||December 23, 2020|
|Production Company||Paramount Pictures|
|Music||Harold Faltermeyer, Hans Zimmer|
|Starring||Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer, Miles Teller, Jennifer Connelly, Jean Louisa, Kelly, Jon Hamm, Lewis Pullman, Glen Powel,l Ed Harris|